Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Knuffle Bunny Too by Mo Willems




Title:
Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identity by Mo Willems

Pages:
48.

How it was obtained:
I bought it for Susan's birthday.

Time spent on the "to read" shelf:
None. We read it as soon as the package came.

Days spent reading it:
15 minutes.

Why I read it:
Susan and I loved Knuffle Bunny, and I found Knuffle Bunny Too by accident as I was cruising around Amazon. I got it for her birthday and we read it together.

Brief review:
Knuffle Bunny Too is as good, if not better than the first. The baby from the first book (Trixie) has grown up and is going to her first day of school. Great antics ensue as she brings Knuffle Bunny with her to show off to all of her new friends. But when she arrives, another girl has her own Knuffle Bunny.

This book has wonderful pictures, a funny plot, and great characters. It made me laugh out loud with Susan multiple times. I loved a few of the effects such as when Trixie first sees the other Knuffle Bunny. Classic, like an action film getting closer every shot. I could hear the music in my head--Dum Dum Dunnnnnnnnn.

If you enjoyed Knuffle Bunny, this is a worthy sequel. Check it out if you have little ones, or you enjoy a great children's book.

Favorite quote:
Trixie and Sonja arguing over the pronunciation of "Knuffle." Classic.
Trixie: Kuh-nuffle!
Sonja: Nuffle!
Trixie: Kuh-nuffle!
Sonja: Nuffle!

Stars:
5 out of 5.
Final Word:
Kuh-wonderful!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Wow! These were all superwinners today, each in its own way, except the one that dipped to a lowly 4.
If you wake up one morning and several of these (and others) are missing from your library, you may need to send a posse to Leon to retrieve them. Hehe