Monday, March 30, 2009

Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems




Title:
Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale by Mo Willems

Pages:
40.

How it was obtained:
Read it in an Old Navy of all places. Definitely on my "to buy" list.

Time spent on the "to read" shelf:
None, never even made it to my shelf!

Days spent reading it:
10 minutes.

Why I read it:
Susan and I were in an Old Navy, and I saw it sitting on a shelf with some other kids books and kids paraphanelia. We like Mo Willems because of his books based on Pigeon and decided to use a few minutes reading this book.

Brief review:
Ahhh, Knuffle Bunny. This book was wonderful. Its a kids book, sure. But it has so much heart.

This is where I get tell you one way that Susan has had a wonderful impact on my life. Because of Susan, I enjoy reading kids books. I mean I liked them as a KID, but I love them now as an adult. For a great cheap date, take your date to the library. Go to the kids section, and read a kids picture book together. Heck, go to the kids section of a bookstore, sometimes they're all decked out with crazy decorations and showing off their newest, greatest kids book. Pick it up, grab a small chair, and read it. Its worth it. I promise.

Anyways, back to the review.

I fell in love with Knuffle Bunny on page 1, and loved it through its fantastic ending. Susan and I were cracking up in the store as we were reading this kids book. The baby in the book (Trixie) doesn't talk, and her facial expressions are priceless. I found myself wanting a Knuffle Bunny (which I found out they actually sell!). The pictures in this book were interesting, the backgrounds are black and white photos of a neighborhood. The characters are full color drawings that are wonderful. It has a very unique visual palate.

Knuffle Bunny gets my two thumbs up, and anyone with little ones should definitely consider checking out this gem.

Favorite quote:
"KNUFFLE BUNNY!"

Stars:
5 out of 5.

Final Word: Kfantastic.

No comments: